It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
This easy, creamy chicken pot pie casserole is a filling and hearty dinner idea that is quick and simple to make. Loaded with tender chicken, crisp veggies, a creamy sauce, and topped with buttery biscuits, your whole family will love this meal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Author: Layne Kangas
1 can Grands biscuits (8 biscuits)
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups frozen vegetable variety (corn, peas, carrots, green beans)
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or any cooked chicken)
1 cup milk
1 can 10.5-ounce Cream of Chicken soup
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven but leave oven on.
- While biscuits are pre-baking, in a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chicken, milk and cream of chicken soup, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and heat for 5 minutes until the mixture is fully heated and bubbly hot.
- Pour into prepared 9×13 dish and spread evenly.
- Take the pre-baked biscuits and place them on top of the casserole with the baked side down and the raw side up.
- Place the butter in a small microwaveable dish along with the garlic powder. Microwave until melted (30 second intervals, covered).
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the biscuits.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 289mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4982IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1mg