It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
All the great chicken parmesan flavors, combined in one easy one pot pasta dish that’s ready in 30 minutes! Less dishes, but a meal with maximum flavor!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, – diced into bite sized pieces
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 medium yellow onion, – minced
3 cloves garlic, – minced
16 oz dried short-cut pasta – (I used rigatoni)
24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce – (I used Newman’s Own)
water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
additional dried Italian seasoning, optional
fresh parsley and/or basil, minced – for garnish
- To a large pot or skillet (I used my dutch oven), add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add chicken, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is most of the way cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook about 2-3 minutes, until soft. Pour in marinara sauce, fill up empty sauce jar with water and add to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a strong simmer.
- Add chicken and pasta, stir, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked to your liking. Stir in parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dish and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning if desired, and garnish with parsley or basil.