As you know, I love crafting to relieve stress (and seeing other people’s crafts too!) but I also LOVE baking. Nothing relaxes me more than going into the kitchen and making something sweet for my family and friends.
Check out my personal recipe:
Simple Vanilla Cupcakes
2 Cups Sugar
¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
2 ¾ Cup Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 pkg Vanilla Pudding Mix (optional)
1 Stick Butter- softened
6 cups Confectioners Sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1-2 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl. (Add pudding mix as well if using)
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk together sugar and vegetable oil.
- Once combined add eggs one at a time and then the vanilla extract to the sugar mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture until the dough is very thick.
- Pour milk in ¼ cup at a time and whisk/use the stand mixer until smooth. Do not over whisk.
- Bake in Preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. (My oven takes 15 minutes but other ovens I have used take longer)
- Use a stand mixer to cream butter. (You can use a whisk and bowl too, it just takes a lot longer)
- Add confectioners sugar slowly while mixing butter on the lowest setting.
- Add vanilla while still mixing.
- Consistency should be between thick or crumbly, add milk 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Stop adding milk once you reach the consistency that you desire.
- Frost and eat!
Calories: 349cal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium:173mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: .5g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 43% | Calcium: 40%
Calories: 352cal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium:186mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: .5g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 43% | Calcium: 40%