It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
Chicken prepared and coated with a creamy flavorful marsala mushroom sauce.
Prep Time: 15minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Author: Helene Dsouza
For the Chicken
2 Chicken Breasts
¼ cup All-purpose Flour
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning or Oregano
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
For the Sauce
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 cloves Garlic chopped
11.3 ounces Mushrooms fresh, sliced
1 cup Marsala Wine
½ cup Chicken Stock or Broth
⅓ cup Liquid Cream
Parsley fresh, chopped
- Prepare your chicken breast by cutting each breast into two slices lengthwise.
- In a shallow bowl combine all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning or oregano.
- Drag chicken slices through the seasoned flour and coat chicken on all sides. Keep aside
- Heat up a pan with the olive oil and add the butter as well. Allow the oils to get hot.
- When the oil is hot enough (but not smoking) place chicken slices into the pan.
- Flip and cook chicken slices golden on all slides. Keep aside.
For The Sauce:
- Reduce the heat of the pan and add your butter to build the sauce.
- Add chopped fresh garlic and sauté for a minute over medium heat.
- Add your sliced mushrooms to the pan and mix it up quickly. Cook mushrooms, they will lose liquids and reduce in size.
- Deglaze by pouring the marsala wine over the mushrooms. Keep a steady heat.
- Season with salt, mix and cook for a minute or two.
- Pour in the chicken stock and liquid cream. Combine all ingredients over medium heat. Reduce the sauce so that it thickens.
- Turn off heat and place cooked chicken back into the still-hot sauce. Cover chicken with sauce and mushrooms.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 528mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 331 IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg