It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
An incredible quick and easy way to serve up chicken breast – seared then simmered in the most amazing honey garlic sauce.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
500g / 1 lb chicken breast , boneless and skinless (2 pieces)
Salt and pepperSalt and pepper
1/4 cup (60g) flour (Note 1)1/4 cup (60g) flour (Note 1)
3.5 tbsp (50g) unsalted butter (or 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil)3.5 tbsp (50g) unsalted butter (or 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil)
2 garlic cloves , minced2 garlic cloves , minced
1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white or other clear vinegar)1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white or other clear vinegar)
1 tbsp soy sauce , light or all purpose (Note 2)1 tbsp soy sauce , light or all purpose (Note 2)
1/3 cup (90g) honey (or maple syrup)1/3 cup (90g) honey (or maple syrup)
- Cut the breasts in half horizontally to create 4 steaks in total. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Coat chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Melt most of the butter in a large skillet over high heat – hold back about 1 tsp for later.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until golden. Turn and cook the other side for 1 minute.
- Turn heat down slightly to medium high.
- Make a bit of room in the pan and add garlic and top with remaining dab of butter. Stir garlic briefly once butter melts.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Stir / shake pan to combine. Bring sauce to simmer, then simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Turn chicken to coat in sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add a touch of water and stir.
- Remove from stove immediately. Place chicken on plates and drizzle over remaining sauce.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 400mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg