It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
This coconut curry chicken can be created in one-pot and is packaged with full of flavors!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 lb boneless-skinless chicken breast or thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp finely minced ginger
2 tsp ground-coriander
2 tsp yellow-curry-powder
3 tbsp red-curry-paste (I use Thai Kitchen; reduce or increase as desired for spice levels)
1 tbsp lime-juice
3 tbsp coconut-oil separated
1 large red-bell-pepper
1 can full-fat coconut-milk NOT lite
½ medium yellow-onion
1-2 tbsp brown-sugar
2 tsp fish-sauce (optional)
¼ cup cilantro and/or basil diced
fine sea-salt and freshly cracked pepper
Serve over/with: cooked basmati rice and naan bread with additional lime wedges
Optional: chopped peanuts or cashews
- Begin with prepping ingredients: mince the garlic, mince the ginger and dice the onion. Then peel ginger using a vegetable peeler or spoon then finely mince it.
- Thinly slice the red bell pepper in long vertical strips then cut these bits in horizontally.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut-oil in a large-deep skille- over medium-high-heat. Then add the onion & saute for 3-5minutes, or till onions are starting to receive golden.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Stir to coat everything with all the oil. Reduce the heat to low then add the red curry paste, curry powder and coriander. Stir frequently for 2-3minutes, or till fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Return the heat to medium-high. Then add the remaining 1 tbsp coconut-oil & red pepper. Stir for a few minutes then add the bite-sized parts of chicken.
- Sprinkle on pepper and salt to taste (I add 1 tsp fine sea salt and ½ tsp pepper). Cook, stirring frequently about 4-5minutes, or till the chicken is browned on each side, but not cooked .
- Pour in the brown sugar, coconut-milk and lime juice (to taste, I begin with only 1 tbsp). Stir till chicken is cooked through (juices run clear & it’s cooked to 165°F) and curry is a little thickened. If desired, stir in the fish sauce.
- Serve over rice with/or naan bread. Garnish dishes with basil, cilantro, or crushed cashews/peanuts. Serve extra lime wedges from both sides if desired.