It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken with deliciously tasty marinade, low in carbs and perfect for keto, paleo, and whole30 diets.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Author: Sheena Strain
8 Boneless skinless chicken thighs , about 2lb
1 cup cilantro leaves, packed , measure un-chopped leaves, about 1/2 bunch
1 tsp lime zest
1/4 cup lime juice , about 3 limes
3 cloves garlic , chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl or ziplock bag and add in the marinade and ensure that the chicken is evenly coated.
- Let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Stove Top Method
- Heat a cast iron grill pan on a medium high heat and brush with olive oil
- Grill each piece of chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, check using a digital meat thermometer. (I do not recommend this method for cooking bone in thighs, use the oven or the grill.)
Oven Baked Method
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Bake the marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs for 25-30 minutes, Bone in thighs usually take about 45 minutes to cook.
- Check that they are fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F by using a digital meat thermometer.
- Sear the chicken pieces for about two to three minutes per side over the hottest part of the grill first.
- You may need to move the chicken to the less hot part off the grill to finish cooking it, especially if you are using bone in thighs as they will take longer to cook than boneless skinless or pounded thin chicken breast and may burn before they are fully cooked if left over the hottest part of the grill.
- Boneless skinless thighs may take about 4-5 mins per side to cook, bone in thighs can take up to 15 minutes per side.
- Check that it is fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F using a digital meat thermometer.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 393mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 162IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg