As you know, I love crafting to relieve stress (and seeing other people’s crafts too!) but I also LOVE baking. Nothing relaxes me more than going into the kitchen and making something sweet for my family and friends.
Check out my personal recipe:
Pineapple Cherry Cupcakes
2 cups sugar
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 ¾ cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tsp salt
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
½ cup whole milk
20 oz can pineapple pieces in 100% pineapple juice
16 oz jar of maraschino cherries
1 block cream cheese (8oz)- softened
9 cups confectioners sugar
pineapple pieces leftover from cake- pureed
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk together sugar and vegetable oil.
- Once combined add eggs one at a time and then the vanilla extract to the sugar mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture until the dough has thickened.
- Open pineapple bits and pour all juice into a measuring cup, you should get about 1/2 a cup, pour this into the cake mixture and whisk slowly.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk whisking until cake batter is smooth and add 1 cup of pineapple pieces.
- Count out 12 maraschino cherries, placing them aside to put on top after cupcakes are frosted.
- Take remaining cherries and puree them in blender or magic bullet for a few seconds, they should have a slight chunky consistency.
- Pour cake batter into lined cupcake pans and spoon 1 tsp of the cherry mixture into each cup. (I also top with more cake batter to cover cherries but you don’t have to. )
- Bake in Preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the remaining pineapple pieces and puree.
- Use a stand mixer to whip cream cheese, then add in 1/4-1/2 of the pineapple puree. (add in less if you want a stiffer icing)
- Whip cream cheese pineapple mixture until smooth (there will be some bumps from pineapple)
- Add confectioners sugar 3 cups at a time until smooth.
- Frost and top with 1/2 maraschino cherry.
- Eat and enjoy!
Calories: 448cal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium:200mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 71g | Vitamin A: 40% | Vitamin C: 11% | Calcium: 48%