It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
A yummy, easy and super flavorful dinner meal! Grilled chicken bursting with salty, sweet, tangy flavors serve with grilled pineapple on a bed of coconut rice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes, marinate 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour, 50 minutes
Author: JOYOUS APRON
~1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins 7-8 pieces
1/2 fresh ripe pineapple
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
5-6 cloves fresh garlic
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp honey
1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
3/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, fresh garlic and canola oil to create the marinade for the chicken.
- Add chicken and marinade into a zip lock bag, mix well to ensure all chicken tenderloins are covered with marinate. Marinate for 1 hour, or up to 24 hours (the longer the better!).
- Grease a grill pan, cast iron grill, charcoal grill, electric grill or non-stick skillet.
- Cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees F. Flip halfway through. Once chicken is done, brush honey on both sides of the tenderloins and remove.
- Slice pineapple into 1/2-1 inch thick slices and grill on both sides.
- On the stovetop, in a pot, bring to boil rice, water and coconut milk. Once boiled, bring to medium low heat and cook covered (cover with a tight lid and do not open) for ~17-20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instruction. Use 1:1 ratio of coconut milk to water to substitute for the amount of water needed to cook the rice.
- Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Calories: 879kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1517mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 4mg