It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
French Onion Chicken Bake is a quick and easy baked chicken recipe for fellow French onion soup lovers, complete with caramelized onions and a blend of two cheeses.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
4 Onions, peeled and sliced
4 Tbsp. Butter
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Thyme
2/3 cup Low Sodium Beef Broth
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray
- Add butter to a large skillet on med to high heat. Add in sliced onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat on the pan to medium and add in the garlic, pepper and thyme and cook for another minute
- Stir in the beef broth and the balsamic vinegar and cook until the onions have a jam-like consistency, about 10 minutes.
- When onions are caramelized, place about 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Place chicken on top of the onions and sprinkle with the salt.
- Place remaining onions on top of the chicken along with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken has a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 960mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g |