It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
Quick & Easy Fish Tacos Recipe! Fried white fish (cod or tilapia) served in flour tortillas and topped with homemade cabbage slaw, a chipotle Ranch sauce and topped with avocado, cheese and tomatoes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Author: Valentina’s Corner
4 medium flour tortillas
1 lb cod fillets
2 Tbsp canola oil, for frying
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
fish seasoning, bowl 2-
1/4 cup all-purpose flour, measured then sifted
1 tsp ground paprika
¼ tsp ground cumin
2 tsp chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt, or to taste
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 cup green cabbage, finely shredded
1/2 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 red onion, sliced
fish taco sauce-
3 Tbsp ranch dressing
3 Tbsp sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
fish taco toppings-
1/4 cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup tomatoes, cubed
- Shred and julienne ingredients for the slaw. Combine and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Prepare the 2 bowls for the fish breading. Add ingredients from bowl 1 in one bowl and ingredients for bowl 2 in a separate bowl.
- Dredge the cod fillets into the first bowl, then completely coat in the seasoned flour.
- Once the oil is hot, add fish fillets and cook 2-4 minutes per side, or until the fillets are flakey and cooked.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas and cut toppings.
- Add cooked fish to a tortilla. Generously top with slaw, desired topping and drizzle with sauce and fresh lime juice.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 652mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2602IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg