It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
These zucchini pizza bites are a tasty way to eat your vegetables! These are kid-friendly, easy to make, and a healthy way to satisfy your pizza cravings!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Author: LIZ THOMSON
1 large or 2 small zucchini (about 8 ounces)
1/2 cup your favorite marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6 basil leaves, turn into small pieces
Shredded parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the zucchini into 1/2″ thick rounds
- Lay on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for a few minutes and dab with the paper towel to remove the moisture.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray, or lay down a sheet of parchment paper, then arrange the zucchini in a single layer.
- Top with a spoonful of sauce and a pinch of cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan and serve!
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 464mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9% | Vitamin C: 5%|