Check out this side dish! I was not always a big lover of brussels sprouts, but it turns out, I just needed to add cheese! This recipe is one that I came up with when I needed to add greens to my diet and all I had on hand were brussels sprouts, so I did my best to create something worth eating. Now I make this recipe at least once a week with a simple chicken entrée.
Check out my personal recipe:
Creamy Garlic Brussels Sprouts
12 oz bag or 20 halved fresh Brussels Sprouts (Can also use frozen, just steam first)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
½ cup water
2 oz white wine
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp butter
½ cup grated parmesan
3 tbsp minced garlic
¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- Pour olive oil in a skillet and heat on medium.
- Add in brussels sprouts and stir, coating each one in olive oil. Heat and stir occasionally until browned slightly.
- Add water and cover for 5 minutes
- Pour in wine and mix gently, then cover for 2-3 minutes until wine is mostly absorbed.
- Add cream and butter stirring constantly until thickened and to make sure they do not stick to the skillet.
- Sprinkle in parmesan and garlic as you stir to keep from sticking, turn off heat once parmesan and garlic are fully integrated.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and set broiler on high.
- Top with mozzarella, evenly
- Broil for 3-4 minutes or until mozzarella has browned.
NUTRITION (Serves 4)
Calories: 274cal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium:250mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 50% | Vitamin C: 2%| Iron: 2%| Calcium: 49%