It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
Convincing my kids to “eat the rainbow” has never been easier thanks to this quick and delicious Taco Soup Recipe! It’s packed with vegetables and a double dose of protein for a dinner that will fill them up and keep them full.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Author: Our Salty Kitchen
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground beef
1 large sweet onion, diced to 1/2″
2 bell peppers, diced to 1/2″
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 portion homemade taco seasoning, see below
1 28-oz can pureed tomatoes
2 c beef broth
1 14-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 c frozen corn
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Homemade Taco Seasoning
1-2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp sea or kosher salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp coriander
Suggested Toppings for Taco Soup
avocado, to garnish
shredded cheddar or crumbled queso fresco, to garnish
sour cream, to garnish
lime wedges, to garnish
- Make the taco seasoning. Combine all taco seasoning ingredients in a lidded jar, then shake until combined.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the ground beef and sautee, stirring frequently to break into pieces, until browned and no longer pink, 6-7 minutes
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the beef and saute until soft, stirring occasionally, 6-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno, and taco seasoning. Cook, stirring continuously, until the spices are worked into the beef and vegetables and are very fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, beef broth, black beans, and corn. Increase heat to high and bring to a simmer. Reduce to medium low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if needed. Stir in fresh cilantro. Ladle into bowls and serve with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 993mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 5100% | Vitamin C: 125%| Calcium: 120%| Iron: 7%