It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
15-minute dinner recipe! This amazing Roasted Salmon with Avocado Salsa recipe is fantastic for entertaining or an easy weeknight meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Author: Dara Michalski | Cookin’ Canuck
4 5 ounces. each salmon fillets (total 1 1/2 pounds.)
1 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 California avocado chopped
juice of 1/2 lime
1 medium tomato diced
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper seeds removed
1/8 teaspoon salt
- The Salmon:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Adjust the top rack to sit in the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Rub each salmon fillet with ¼ teaspoon olive oil and arrange on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt. Sprinkle evenly over the salmon.
- Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillets). Do not overcook.
- Serve with the avocado salsa.
- The Salsa:
- While the salmon is cooking, stir together the avocado, lime juice, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno and salsa in a medium bowl.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 450mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: .2g |