It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
Taco Bake (sometimes known as Mexican Pizza) is a simple and quick weeknight meal with layers of tortillas, ground beef and salsa con queso!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Author: Brandie @ The Country Cook
1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
water as called for on back of seasoning packet
3 (8- inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup salsa con queso
1 1/2-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Brown and crumble ground beef.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add in taco seasoning and water (following directions on back of seasoning packet).
- Once the taco meat is ready, turn off heat and add in 1/2 cup salsa con queso.
- Give it a good stir until thoroughly combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with a flour tortilla.
- Now add about 1/3 of the ground beef taco filling on the the first layer.
- Then add 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Continue until you are done with all the layers: another tortilla, more taco mixture, more cheese.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Slice and serve.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 625mg | Potassium: 275mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 269mg | Iron: 1.7mg