It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
These Garlic Butter Steak and Potato Foil Packets are such an easy family dinner, I’m not even sure if I can call it a recipe. We love this for the campfire, but I know not everyone is into camping. So you can make these foil packets on your regular old grill (or even in the oven!) if cooking on an open fire isn’t your thing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1.5 pounds steak
1 pound baby potatoes (cut into 1/2 inch pieces (halving or quartering)
1 onion (halved and then thinly sliced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more to taste)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 tablespoons butter (cubed)
Make the foil packets:
- Prep the steak: Cut the steak into pieces (2.5 – 3 inches for well done, 3 – 4 inches for medium, 5 inches for rarer steak). Marinate it if you like.
- Combine ingredients: Place the steak, potatoes, onion, olive oil, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss well.
- Assemble foil packets: Set out 4 pieces of aluminum foil, at least 12×12 inches. Evenly divide the steak and potatoes between the middles of the foil sheets. Top with butter cubes, then fold the foil over the steak and potatoes and seal well.
Cook the foil packets:
- On the grill/fire: On a HOT grill, cook the foil packets for 10-12 minutes per side, or until the potatoes are tender. If you’re cooking the packets on a fire without a grill, place them on a 2-inch bed of coal. But does anyone really cook on a fire without a campfire grill nowadays??
- In the oven: Bake the steak foil packets at 425°F for around 25-30 minutes, or until done to your liking. If you want a char on the steaks, open the packets and broil for 3-4 minutes in the end.
- Careful when opening the packets – hot steam ahead!
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 155mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 4mg