It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
Mushroom Spinach White Pizza – creamy ricotta with sautéed mushroom and spinach is a match made in heaven! Takes less than 30 minutes to make this deliciousness!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 2 pizzas
1.5 lb. of pizza dough of your choice (or half of the fool proof easy pizza dough), divide in half
1 cup ricotta cheese, (plus 2–3 tablespoons, optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 package button mushroom, sliced
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2-3 cups baby spinach leaves
1 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a medium-size non-stick skillet, add the sliced mushroom and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes. The water from the mushroom will start to extract and evaporate.
- Once the water from the mushroom started to evaporate and the mushroom turns slightly brown, add the butter and dried thyme to the mushroom. Stir frequently and cook for an additional minute or two. Take them off the skillet and set aside.
- On the same skillet, add the oil and spinach leaves. Sprinkle garlic powder and pinch of salt to the spinach and cook until all the spinach leaves are wilted about 3-5 minutes.
- When the spinach is wilted, take it off from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup of ricotta cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil.
- Divide the pizza dough in half.
- Flour the working surface and start stretching the dough flat. Do the same for the other dough.
- Spread the ricotta mixture to the stretched pizza dough evenly and thinly.
- Add the cooked mushroom and spinach.
- Add 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes if you like spicy pizza. If not, skip this step.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top.
- Place the pizza in the oven and cook for 11-12 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy right away.