It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
Caprese Pizza is a fun way to enjoy the traditional fresh, delicious flavors of a caprese salad as the main dish. You can make this pizza on a traditional pizza crust, or a cauliflower pizza crust to keep it low carb and gluten free.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Author: Lauren Vavala
1 medium sized pizza crust
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil * divided
1 clove garlic * minced
3 Roma tomatoes * sliced thin
8 ounces fresh mozzarella log * sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
fresh basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Follow the instructions to prepare your pizza crust up to the point of adding the toppings.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil with the garlic and brush onto the crust (you may have extra).
- Alternate layers of tomato and mozzarella slices on top of the crust.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are heated through.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil with the dried basil and brush it over the top of the pizza (again, you may have extra).
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the pizza and top with fresh basil leaves.