It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
This Keto Chicken Cheese Bake is loaded with tender pieces of chicken, mushrooms, bacon and spinach in a decadent cream sauce.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Author: A Family Feast
1 pound bacon
8 ounce package cream cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
1 cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon hot sauce, we used Cholula
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 store bought cooked rotisserie chicken, meat removed and chopped into bite sized pieces
1 ½ cups red onion, diced
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
8 ounces baby spinach
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon to crisp, remove to paper towels and reserve three tablespoons of bacon fat.
- While the bacon is cooking, in a medium sauce pan, place cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, avocado mayonnaise, heavy cream, hot sauce, mustard, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
- Cook over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Crumble bacon and add to the cream mixture.
- Clean skillet and add two tablespoons of the bacon fat and saute onions over medium high heat for three minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of bacon fat and add the mushrooms and sauté for five minutes.
- Add the garlic and spinach and toss to coat the spinach and cook until wilted, about two minutes.
- Add the cream mixture and cooked chicken and heat then pour into an 8X12 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle on the two cups of mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place under the broiler and brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Let sit ten minutes to set up and serve 10 portions.
There will be a little liquid on the bottom which will eventually absorb into the mixture. Spoon a little over each portion.
Calories: 541kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 754mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 4g |