It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
Turn your pizza into a Christmas wreath with the help of refrigerated crescent roll dough. Stuff with your favorite pizza toppings for a tasty and festive appetizer.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 cans (8 oz. each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 cups shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend)
1 cup pizza sauce, plus more for serving
1/4 cup pepperoni pieces
1/2 lb. Italian sausage, crumbled and cooked
3 slices prosciutto, chopped
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp. basil pesto
Red bell pepper, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate the crescent dough into 16 total individual sections. On a pizza or cookie sheet, arrange the dough in a circle with the wider ends in the middle (should look like a sun).
- Layer ingredients in the following order: half of the cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni, sausage, prosciutto, and remaining cheese.
- Take the outside tip of a crescent dough piece and fold into the center, tucking under to seal. Repeat all the way around. Brush dough with egg,
- Bake for 20 minutes, brush dough with pesto, and cook another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Decorate with red bell pepper cut to resemble a ribbon. Slice and serve with more pizza sauce for dipping.