It’s time to figure out what we’re making for dinner! One of my favorite things to do is look around on Pinterest and see what recipes are out there for me to try, among other things. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Check out this recipe that might be helpful tonight:
A Taco Ring is a great thing to make for a quick dinner that makes the whole family happy. It’s incredibly easy to make with just three ingredients and everyone can customize theirs with the toppings they like.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1- pound lean ground beef
½ cup onion peeled and diced
½ cup water
1 package 1 ounce taco seasoning
2 cans crescent rolls 8 rolls per can, 16 total rolls
1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
chopped green onion
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble the ground beef into the pan and add the diced onions; cook until the beef is no longer pink. Pour the cooked beef into a colander to drain excess grease, then return the meat to the skillet.
- Add the water and taco seasoning to the cooked meat and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Open the cans of crescent roll dough and separate the triangles. Arrange the crescent rolls into a circle by placing on a large baking sheet or pizza pan with the wide end of the dough triangles overlapping and the pointed ends facing out to create the look of a sunburst.
- Spoon the seasoned ground beef mixture onto the overlapped dough area of the circle. Sprinkle the with shredded cheese.
- Take the pointed part of the dough and bring it across the meat and cheese filling, then tuck the dough under. Repeat until all of the points of dough have been tucked in and most of the meat is covered by the dough.
- Bake the taco ring for 18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then slice the ring and serve with the toppings of your choice.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 576mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 92IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 2mg